Thursday, May 28, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursday seems to be coming around very quickly each week! One thing that I've grown tired of in my weekly posts is the self-centeredness regarding the things for which I'm thankful. So I thought I'd try something a little different this week, and post truths from God's word that make me eternally grateful. Some of them may still seem to focus on myself, but they are things I'm mindful of nonetheless. Here goes:

1)"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3,4

2) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:9

3) "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-" Ephesians 1:4-6


Okay, hold that thought, because I really want to list 10 truths, but to be perfectly honest, I'm falling asleep as I type! So I'm going to go get some much-needed rest, and I'll follow up on this tomorrow... Until then, chew on these first 3 truths, and see if you can come up with some that are special to you! I'd love to hear some...

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment