Friday, May 29, 2009

Finishing Friday, aka Thankful Thursday, Part 2

Okay, here I am, a little more rested, ready to finish my 10 Truths from the Bible for which I am eternally grateful! (If you're just tuning in, be sure to read yesterday's "Thankful Thursday" post first, as this is a continuation of that thought, due to the fact that I couldn't keep my eyes open to finish last night!) :)

4) "Being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on until the day of Christ Jesus". Phil. 1:6

5) "He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

6) "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strenth. They will soar on wings like eagles: they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:31

7) "In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade- kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time." 1 Peter 1:3-5

8) "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

9) "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever." Isaiah 40:8

And last, and certainly the greatest thing I am thankful for is the birth of our Lord and Saviour, come to save His people from certain death:

10) "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." Isaiah 9:6

My hope is that these truths encouraged you today, as they have me. I need to rehearse these and more so much more often in my day to day life. It tends to put things back into proper perspective when I get so busy with all the daily activities that are my life. God has blessed me immensely in so many ways, but I would be nothing without the promises listed in these posts. May we always be mindful not just of who we are in Christ, but more importantly who He is in us!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I came by to check out Thankful Thursday for this week... must be a busy week... at least the house being cleaned when you got home should make it! :)Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly! Glad you're checking out my blog. :) And, yes, the house being cleaned was equivalent to many, many Thankful Thursdays! ;)

    ReplyDelete